What to do if your mobile gets lost or stolen?
Suspend your line
If your mobile gets lost or stolen, immediatly suspend your line to protect it from abusive use by a third party. Blocking your mobile makes it unsuable on the national network and the theft is useless, it's a civil gesture that helps to discourage thieves, avoids fraudulent situations and abuse of your mobile account.
Independently which mean of those listed below you choose, your request will be immediatly registered and your line suspended.
1. Contact our Customer Service during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) at 080 061 606 and 352 661 061 606 and ask for the suspension of your line.
2. Outside working hours, fill out our online form to initiate the suspension. You will not be charged for calls placed from your number upon receipt of the form. Your line will be suspended.
3. Go to your Orange shop to change your SIM card and get your number with a new SIM card.
If you have Orange insurance, register your theft or loss declaration at the police station and ask for your insurance claim.
If you already activated Orange Cloud, you can easily retrieve your contacts, photos, music, ... on your new smartphone.
File in a complaint in case of theft
In case of theft, file in a complaint at the nearest police station.
Contact Orange Assurance
If you have subscribed to the Orange Assurance damage and theft insurance, after having suspended your line on orange.lu, get hold of the IMEI number of your mobile and declare the loss immediatly.
What to do if your SIM card is blocked?
The PIN code is a 4 digit code that protects and secures the access to your SIM card. You have to enter it every time you switch on your mobile. If you enter a wrong PIN code three times in a row, your SIM card will be blocked. To unblock it you'll need your PUK code. This code has been given to you together with your SIM card. To enter it, simply power up your phone and follow the instructions which will ask you to enter the PUK code, to unblock the SIM card.
If you don't find your PUK code, go to an Orange shop with your mobile and ID card to prove your the owner of the SIM card. After validation, the salesforce will be able to unblock the card.
Blocked phone: I can’t remember my PIN number
1. Contact our Customer Service during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) at 080 061 606 and 352 661 061 606
2. Your agent will ask you some identification questions based on your phone number; you will give your PUK number to unlock your mobile.
3. You will be asked to create a new PIN and confirm it a second time.
Through an accidental breakage or malfunction, my Orange-insured smartphone is broken. What should I do?
1. Immediately call Orange Customer Service to block your SIM card and report the claim.
Contact us at: 800 61 606 (toll-free national number) or at +352 661 061 606 (internationally accessible number)
2. Print and fill out the insurance claim
3. Visit one of our shops with your phone’s purchase invoice (if you have misplaced the document, request a copy in your Orange shop), your insurance claim, the IMEI number (*#06 #) of your phone.
4. Is your declaration after theft in order? You will receive a replacement device for your mobile.