- Plug your Apple TV into a power source and then connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable.
- Turn on your TV and use the TV remote to select the HDMI input to which your Apple TV is connected.
- Connect your Apple TV to the Internet either with an Ethernet cable or using your WiFi network.
- Get the Apple TV remote control. Remove the tab from the battery compartment to activate the batteries. Then scan the Touch surface of the remote to select your language and country. To select your choice, simply press the touch surface. If you make a mistake, press the Menu button to return to the previous screen.
- The Apple TV will initialize. Wait and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you have an Apple ID, enter it when asked. You don't have one? We tell you how to create it here
To watch movies in 4K HDR, use an HDMI 2.0 or later cable. You need a TV that supports 4K, HDR or both.